Saturday, July 26, 2008

Learning new things

Hi, I am a student of Tafe currently studying to be a Library Technician.

Our new assignment this term is to set up,register and create a blog on which we are to post comments on the use of the latest and emerging technologies pertinent to our industry

For this unit we are concentrating on developing our research skills and expanding our knowledge of WEB 2.0 and Library 2.0.

It is a common misconception that Libraries are the repository of all things historical and not particularly relevant to modern society but in truth Libraries have always had to evolve with the times and reflect and anticipate the public need.

It is with this in mind that I hope to gain new and valuable insight into how this emerging technology is evolving and can be applied to the information provision industry.

Please be patient as I'm very new at this.

4 comments:

Sunnie Gill said...

Good stuff, Julie. Onward and Upward. How's the OH&S research going?

Library Tech in Training said...

Cheers Judy

We looked up some Unitas stuff

Katina said...

From one blogger on L-plates to another good luck!!!!!!
We will need it.

Kelly said...

Well I'm apparently able to comment on blogs just not ready to set up my own blog yet. i am very impressed................well done.